Professionalism & Players Affairs Committee
Authorities and Functions of the Committee
Main Guidelines on Phases of the project on transition from Amateurism to Professionalism in Dubai ClubsThe Committee prepared a work mechanism of 3 phases to achieve its objectives:
- To supervise and control the implementation of provisions of players' conditions regulations.
- To look into complaints, grievances and resolutions sent to the committee by players and clubs in cases of disagreement on implementation or interpretation of the regulations.
- To control the contractual relation between the players and the clubs, till the relevant committee is set up in the Football Association.
- To provide technical and administrative aid to clubs to help them implement professionalism regulations.
- To prepare work mechanism and programs to spread the concept and culture of professionalism in Dubai Clubs.
- To prepare and assess programs on familiarization with professionalism means and develop such means , and organize the transitional process from amateurism to professionalism , in accordance with the strategy approved by Dubai Sports Council
- To undertake coordination and follow up with associations and parties interested in the implementation of professionalism nationally and abroad.
- To present ideas, initiatives and submit proposals and studies on assessing the process of professionalism through practical implementation.
A. Familiarization Phase
B. Assessment Phase
C. Development Phase A. Familiarization Phase Through this phase the Committee aims at spreading the concept and culture of Professionalism with all parties interested in the process of Professionalism and prepare the suitable environment to implement such concept. Organize the transition to Professionalism, through plans and programs adopted by the strategy of the Council, which are briefly as follows:
- To organize an annual conference on the subject of Sports Professionalism
- To organize workshops for administrative and technical cadre , players and assisting staff
- To visit the Clubs to coordinate with them on the preparation of administrative staff to able to take care of the administrative organization of Professionalism , through the set up of a secretariat for Professionalism in each club and to appoint a an officer who will be in charge of Professionalism Affairs in the Club.
- To organize a familiarization workshop, and explain the rules and regulations and the controls for the administrative staff in charge of Professionalism in each club.
- To organize a familiarization workshop, and explain the rules and regulations and the controls for the technical staff in each club.
- To organize a familiarization workshop and lectures , and explain the rules and regulations and the controls and concept of Professionalism for players in each club , through specific groups in each lecture
- To organize workshop and discussions with Mass Media to support this transition and spread the concept and culture of Professionalism
B. Assessment Phase
The objective of the committee during this phase is to deal with negative points, prepare solutions and deal with difficulties which may face the professionalism regulation upon implementation. Solutions must be prepared within the framework of objectives and plans approved by the Council. The period of this phase starts from completion of first phase till before the end of first sports season.
This phase must start from the end of first sports season. It must include the assessment of previous efforts, and the follow up of development plans prepared within the strategic objectives of the Sports Council. Successful experiences in countries advanced in this field shall be taken into consideration, and we must make use of their programs which conform with our regulations and our professionalism environment.