Dubai Sports Council Prospectives and Aspirations FoundationDubai Sports Council referred to hereinafter as DSC was founded in Nov. 30th 2005 as per a decree issued by UAE Vice- President, Prime Minister, Dubai Ruler H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.HeadquartersDSC headquarters are located in Dubai city, at The Municipality Sport Club,BUR Dubai, in Al-Jaddaf area. Post Office Box: 9888 Phone: +971 4 324 4446Fax: +971 4 324 4449E-mail: email@example.com The LogoDSC logo comprises four main themes that best reflect:
The logo has been designed with a gold medal in mind as a symbol of adherence and commitment to achieve the goals that promote the performance of athletes to jump to the first places. The chained rings in motion reflect the supportiveness and cohesion among the one community in a sustained motion to express the crystal clear aspirations of promoting sports in all sectors. The rings also represent the letters DSC graphically written the circle in a motion to open space to reflect the modern aspirations to achieve creativity as excellence in competition arenas as one of the most prominent targets of Dubai Sports Council. Moving rings represent the circle of community forming the population and supporters base in harmonious motion representing all community classes encouraging all age groups to fight obesity and to involve in sports activities. Board of DirectorsH.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is DSC president, who is primarily responsible for implementing the decision passed by the board of directors through the general secretariat, supervising the work of general secretariat as well as relations between DSC and UAE football federation, Dubai sports clubs, national bodies, and international organizations. The Board Directors consists of twelve members. Objectives
- Heritage and Genuiness
- Excellence and Creativity
- Commitment and Adherence
- Loyalty and Belonging
DSC Vision Setting up a distinguished sporting communityDSC missionInvesting the revenues as well as the capabilities to set up an ideal sporting sector to make of Dubai a pioneering milestone in sports Strategic Plan Objective
- Developing and improving sports in Dubai
- Creating a comprehensive sports environment that meets the requirements of the society
- Paving the way for youth to cultivate their sporting and cultural talents and aptitudes in a way that leads them to achieving national, regional, and international tangible results
Prominent AchievementsIn a comparatively short period of time since foundation, DSC could successfully achieve many activities and events, namely:
- Polarization, developing, and improving sporting calibers and cadres
- Developing, modernizing and automizing sporting operations and services
- Increase community awareness as well as setting up strategic partnerships
- Achieving financial independence and self funding
- Finalizing DSC strategic plan
- Organizing Dubai international sports conference "Professionalism in Football"
- Adopting the budget of professionalism in football embraced by Dubai clubs that are pioneering in this domain
- Adopting players status regulations that governs the relation between professional players and their clubs
- Organizing Hamdan Bin Mohammed 1st football champion cup for secondary schools
Reference points of DSC Strategic Plan
- Vision of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Directives H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Intensive analysis of foreign environmental factors that might affect sports sectors.
- The outcome of questionare analysis of the affecting and affected classes in sports sectors.
- Intensive diagnosis of the potentials and qualifications in sports sectors and clubs.
- Analysis of the revenues and strategic potentials.
- Analyzing revenues and available strategic potentials in every club.
- Greatest international sports performances.
- Pin- pointing strengths, weaknesses, as well as opportunities and threats current positions.
- Reports of Dubai clubs
DSC Standing Committees
- Strategy Committee
- Regulations Committee
- Professionalism cum players status committee
- Task groups as well as ad-hoc committees are formed to handle specific functions and tasks temporarily till other committees are formed
- Marketing and investment Committee