In your opinion what are the reasons for the evolution of women's sport locally?
Sport Medicine Unit
IntroductionThe Sport Medicine Unit is committed to promoting and advancing sports medicine practice through out Dubai's Sport Clubs. It governs the Sport Medicine Activity in Dubai, and provides sports medicine and sports performance services of Olympic standard to all sportspeople regardless of age, gender or competitive level.Objectives1-Sport Medicine Teams
- Provision and Evaluation of the Medical Care Provided to athletes at the Clubs through:
- Evaluating the medical staff in terms of numbers, quality, Job descriptions, responsibilities and skills needed.
- Auditing the Club Clinics in Terms of access, setting & outcome.
- Establishing unified Athletes Medical file including a comprehensive Pre-participation evaluation, case reports, referral notes and rehabilitation progress sheets.
- Introducing Electronic Athletes Medical Record that is essential for record keeping, following the progress of injured athletes and for medico-legal & insurance matters.
- Setting up International Protocols and Guidelines for Injury Management, First Aid, Rehabilitation and criteria of return to play.
- Adopting the World Anti-Doping Agency and FIFA anti-doping Policies to tailor Dubai's Sport Council Anti-Doping Policy.
- Fostering a Strong Relationship with UAE National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO), the Regional Anti-Doping Organization (RADO), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the FIFA, to reach Dubai's Sport Council Anti-Doping objectives.
- Develop Educational Strategies to Promote Doping Free Sport.
- Formulating Dubai Sport Council Anti-Doping Forms (Therapeutic Use Exemption, Athletes Where About).
- Provision of the athlete's tailored nutrition program to enhance his performance and promote faster recovery.
- Develop educational strategies to promote healthy sport nutrition
- Establishing Dubai Sport Council sport nutrition and supplements guidelines.
- Communicate Sport Medicine unit objectives and activities to all concerned Sport Medical Teams at Dubai clubs.
- Develop the Job Description, Requirements and duties of all sport medicine staff at Dubai clubs.
- Develop sport medicine unit manual for concerned parties and visitors
- Develop monitoring system to evaluate the effectiveness of all Programs, studies and activities of Sport Medicine Unit.
- Evaluate and monitor the quality of work and performance of Clinical Staff.
- Establishing various Programs to help reach our Objectives such as :
First aid "Pre-Hospital Trauma Certification".
- FIFA's Medical Assessment and Research Centre injury prevention program "The 11"
- Team Physician Course; basic and advanced courses targeting the medical teams, aiming at enhancing the professional development of concerned parties.
- Anti-doping out reach program targeting officials, physicians and athletes, supported with anti-doping publications and courses.
- Individualized nutritional consultation
- Nutrition group education
- Sport Nutritional Supplements Program
- Pre-Participation Evaluation targeting all age group athletes.
- Athlete Profiling "Pre-season Performance Testing ".
- Electronic athlete medical record.